The badass zombie series by M. Lauryl Lewis is sexy and scary in one sizzling bloody headshot. Dark Grace was released in June and continues the erotic horror series' trend of awesome. While Fallen From Grace won't be published until late autumn/early winter, Lauryl has been kind enough to share an excerpt with her fans.
FALLEN FROM GRACE
I was unable to unlock my eyes from those of the creature
staring back at me. All I could hear in the background were Susan’s sobs, and
Abbey screaming. I was unable to make out her words. Gunfire brought me out of
the trance I was in, and within a split second the tall creature before me was
slumped to the ground. It wasn’t dead, just maimed. I aimed my pistol at its
head and fired. It was, oddly, a clean kill. There was no splatter as a result
of its head wound. The large maggot-like creature unattached itself from the
Runner and began crawling across the asphalt toward me. It was slow and silent
as it made its way forward. Not wanting to waste ammo on it, I kicked at its
head until it stopped heaving itself toward me. A thick yellow-brown substance
seeped from the wound I had inflicted upon its head. The resulting ammonia-like
odor was unbearable. I covered my mouth and nose and began coughing. More
gunfire in the background caused me to look around. Abbey was kneeling next to
Susan. I hadn’t seen such look of despair on her face since the day her sister,
Kelsey, had died. Susan looked pale and I knew she was in shock. Her face was
bruising and her arm hung limply at her side.
As badly as I wanted to rush to her side, my head was
buzzing with more of the dead. “Ring around the Rosie” filled the air around us
once again with the occasional giggle. There were at least five of them,
running around in the shadows of the building and a few stray vehicles. I
joined the men and Bobby in taking a stance and quietly guardian the perimeter.
There was an ominous feeling heavy in the air around us. It sat heavily upon my
shoulders and seemed to fill my lungs. Aside from the children’s song being
chanted sporadically and Abbey crying, even the waves from the ocean seemed
quiet.
“We need to get Sue back into the safe room!” yelled Boggs. “Now!”
“They’re all around us,” I said as loudly as I dared.
************************************************
No comments:
Post a Comment