Certain music just puts me in the mood to write certain characters. For Blue Sacrifice, I searched for music full of melancholy to match the emotional state of Blue, a girl asked to sacrifice herself for her town. For the more romantic aspects, I turned to Susan Boyle (don't judge!) who is a favorite of our Irish playboy Flynn O'Shea. Here are the artists and songs that inspired me during the writing process.
The Sundays
- I Feel Fine
- Wild Horses
- You're Not the Only One I Know
- Blood On My Hands
Mazzy Star
- Fade Into You
- Mary of Silence
- Unreflected
- Wasted
- Into Dust
- So Tonight That I Might See
Susan Boyle
- Perfect Day
- Hallelujah
- Wild Horses
- I Dreamed a Dream (Yes, I know. I really do.)
- You'll See
- Daydream Believer
If it seems weird to write about a sixteen year old while listening to bands popular in the 90's, plus Susan, keep in mind how Blue is an old soul and I really don't like the shit anyone plays today. Besides, Blue is an underdog and who better to represent her than Ms. Boyle?
Admit it. She's frigging adorable.
Find Blue Sacrifice at Amazon.
No comments:
Post a Comment